1.9
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

As a vendor, I have been with Gig Masters for a long time; many years. As of recently, they started a ranking system for their musicians.

Who ever was hired most recently was placed in number one position on the page where you view the pianists in a particular area/location of the country. I have written to them at least 3 times about changing this so-called ranking system to just an alphabetical listing of our names within the area that we serve. Right now, I have observed that Gig Masters is not even upholding their own ranking system. A pianist from my area was booked 7 days ago, and according to their ranking system should have been moved to the top of the list.

Were they moved? No. The same person was still number 1 on the page even though he was booked about a month ago. Sounds complicated?

Yes, it is. If you rank people according to the most recently hired person for a job, you are advancing a system that is not fair. Just because a person was hired 5 days ago, does not qualify that person as a better performer. This ranking according to most recently booked needs to be discarded and replaced with NO ranking system which would place everyone on a much more even/level playing field.

I think these companies are becoming more and more controlling. Even to the point where I say they need to receive some help for their control issues. This does not work for an individual, and certainly not for a true artist. I have suggested that they go back to just an alphabetical listing of our names per our area of location.

It is evident from my research that Gig Masters is not even using their own ranking system. Perhaps it is even too complicated for them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Gigmasters Website.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Ranking system for vendors.

• Musicians
  • Unfair Ranking System
  • Pianist

Comments

GigMasters
Gigmasters Verified Representative

Hello! In regards to the ranking system on GigMasters, it is not based solely on who was booked most recently.

When clients search the GigMasters site, they enter their event location and the category of entertainer or vendor. The site returns a list that is the “best match” for the search. The “best match” order is calculated based on location, category, and total booking dollars earned (sorted by vendors who've earned the most dollars to vendors who've earned the fewest dollars) during the most recent six months time.

Booking dollars earned during the most recent 6 months are updated once per day and the rankings will update accordingly.Clients can opt to change the sort order for their search to be based on rating or on distance. If you have any other questions, please contact our Account Services team (866-342-9794) and they would be happy to take a look at your account and the search result rankings in your area!